Welcome to the first and most important step of using DocSend -- uploading content! You can begin this process by going to your Content tab where you can drag and drop multiple content types directly from your computer or upload through other services such as:
- Google Drive
Here's how to upload a document
- Go to your Content tab
- Select 'Add Content' at the top right
- Choose a file from any of the above listed services or from your computer
- Your document will begin to upload and let you know once it is completed
- You can modify the name of the upload at this point
Note: All services can be disconnected by selecting the option on the right. DocSend will only connect with personals accounts on Onedrive or Google Drive.
Accepted Document File Types
Below are the document file types that DocSend accepts:
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx, .ppt)
- Microsoft Word (.docx, .doc)
- most Microsoft Excel (.xlsx, .xls) files
- Keynote (.key)
What about other file types?
Users on Standard, Finance, or Enterprise will have the opportunity to upload a variety of file types that can be shared as download-only such as:
Animations & Transitions
Animations and transitions in presentations are not currently supported once uploaded into DocSend. However, GIF animations are supported in powerpoint (pptx) and will always be overlayed over other content. We recommend either having the text be directly be part of the gif or to have the text in a separate area outside of the gif.
Check out our article on Creating Links to learn how to create and share content with potential visitors.