Available on: Standard Advanced Enterprise
DocSend allows you to share content that your visitors can download directly rather than just viewed in the document viewer. Uploading download-only files enables you to share a wider variety of content types. Keep reading to learn more!
Below are the file types and extensions that can be shared as download-only content:
Each of these file types will have a unique thumbnail icon visible internally on your content page and externally in any of your Spaces if no custom thumbnail is configured.
These file types cannot be previewed in the document viewer. Instead, the visitor will need to download the file directly to their device to view it.
In a Space, the visitor will either see the custom thumbnail you configured or an icon reflective of the type of download-only file available if no custom thumbnail is configured. For more information, check out Content Previews.
By default, download-only files will always have Allow downloading enabled as this is the only way to view and access the content. The following link settings can also be configured:
- Require an email address
- Set an expiration date
- Passcode protect your file
- Configure Access Control (Advanced plan only)
- Gate access with Agreements (Advanced plan only)
Similarly, while visits to download-only files are tracked, you will not receive the same page-by-page analysis as sharing a file since the “visit” occurs outside of the document viewer. You can also track whether the content was downloaded with the blue download symbol.
Things to Consider
- Download-only files cannot be previewed in DocSend.
- Download-only files does not support Watermarks.
- While download-only files can only be updated with the same type of content, it can be of a different file extension. Exception: Excel files and the other spreadsheet formats are not interchangeable.
- Visitor downloads will not state which updated version of the file has been downloaded.
Still need help? Reach out to email@example.com!