Spreadsheets can be previewed in the DocSend document viewer without link recipients having to download them first. This is a convenient way to share spreadsheets without having to worry about them accidentally downloading or sharing the sensitive data that may be contained in the spreadsheet.
When a link recipient opens a spreadsheet preview in DocSend, they can view it in a web browser without downloading it. The spreadsheet will be displayed similarly to how it would be in Microsoft Excel. Visitors can interact with the spreadsheet by scrolling, zooming, and selecting cells. However, they can’t edit the spreadsheet.
Things to consider
- Supported spreadsheet formats include:
- Excel (.xls, .xlsx, .xlsm)
- Google Sheets (.gsheet)
- Open Document Spreadsheets (.ods)
- Comma-separated values (.csv)
- Spreadsheets larger than 40 MB cannot be displayed in the DocSend document viewer. They will be download-only.
- The maximum upload limit for spreadsheets is 2 GB.
- The spreadsheet viewer supports features available up to Microsoft Excel 2016. Features introduced after 2016 may not appear in the viewer or may cause errors when loaded.
- Watermarking is not available for spreadsheets.
Still need help? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!