Adding Vimeo or Youtube videos as hyperlinks to your documents will provide your visitors with a seamless viewing experience. When the visitor plays your video, you’ll also be able to track those clicks through In-Document Link Clicks. Check out the visitor experience by visiting our DocSend Video.
Add Videos as Hyperlinks
Videos added as hyperlinks, using Youtube or Vimeo video URLs, will play within the document viewer. We recommend hyperlinking your video to anchor on text or an image for a professional look. Hyperlinking a screenshot of the video is ideal since it functions as a preview of the video, for example:
Important: Videos that play outside of the document viewer may be unlisted or have additional settings that prevent playback on third-party sites. Disable these settings to allow for playback within the document viewer.
To add hyperlinked videos as screenshots, follow the steps below:
- Take a screenshot of your video. Add the screenshot as an image to your document. Tip: We recommend the hyperlinked video is on its own slide to help improve document tracking.
- Add the video URL as a hyperlink to your image.
- Save and upload your document.
Track In-Document Video Clicks
Visits to hyperlinked videos/content will be visible and captured on the performance page as In-Document Link Clicks that highlight the page and URL your visitor accessed.
Things to Consider
- While unlisting Youtube videos or adding a passcode on Vimeo video uploads will add privacy, unlisted videos will play outside of the DocSend document viewer on a separate tab.
- Videos hosted on Wistia, JW Player, Brightcove, VidYard, and other video services may also be hyperlinked. However, these services will not play directly through the document viewer and instead will play on a new browser tab.
- Video uploads such as .mp4 files can be shared on DocSend as downloadable content when you’re subscribed to our Standard or Advanced plans. For more information, see our Download-only content article.
Still need help? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!