From completely removing viewing access to modifying security settings, you have the ability to make discreet changes to DocSend links you've shared without interrupting your contact’s viewing experience. This article will break down how you can make real-time changes to your DocSend links to ensure that you are able to make the most of the link settings available to you.
Update a Document Link
- Go to the Content page and open your document.
- On the document page, scroll down to the "Links" section and click the Link Settings icon.
- The link panel will show you the current link settings which you can then modify by selecting or deselecting any setting.
- Click Update Link to make the changes live.
Update a Space Link
- Go to the Spaces page and open your Space.
- Click the Share button to access your Space links.
- Open the "more options" menu for the specific Space link you want to update.
- Click Edit link settings.
- The Space link panel will show you which settings are applied to that link, and you can modify them by selecting or deselecting any setting.
- Once configured, click Update Link to set your changes live.
Note: If you are on the Advanced plan, you can also set separate Space permissions for different files and folders in your Space. To learn more, check out our article on Granular Space Permissions.
Things to Consider
- Owners and Admins have the ability to update their members' links; however, they will not be able to make edits to owner/admins’ links.
- When downgrading to the Personal plan or Limited Trial, access to premium link settings offered on the Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise plans will be disabled and inaccessible to visitors.
- All documents, links, Spaces, and visitor data will not be deleted as a part of the downgrading process. However, they will remain inaccessible until you upgrade to the appropriate subscription.
- Alternatively, you have the option to access the content to disable the premium features to enable access again.
- If you experience any issues with upgrading or downgrading, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Still need help? Reach out to email@example.com!