Customizing each link
When creating links, users can choose and configure each link's settings separately giving you even more control when sending content. The settings can also be modified any time after the link has been created. The options include:
- Choosing an Account - Users can configure and choose a target account, typically the name of the organization or company the user is working with, to associate the link and associated visits. Accounts are crucial in organizing constituents related to a deal.
- Require email to view - This will prompt visitors to provide their email address before being able to view the content. Not enabling the option will show the visitor's operating system and geolocation. We recommend enabling the option to get the most out of each visit. Note: Email addresses are not verified.
- Allow downloading - Users can enable the option to allow visitors to download and print the original file. By default, this option is always unselected. Tip: We recommend exporting the file as a PDF is you do not want the content to be editable after print.
- Set Expiration Date - Users can set expiration dates per link so that visitors will not be able to access the link after the specified date. This is a great way to create a sense of urgency and block access to content which may no longer be valid.
- Passcode Protect - This option will require visitors to input a passcode before gaining access to the content. It is recommended that passcodes be provided in a separate message when sending the link.
Advanced Link Features
- Allowed Viewers - Allowed Viewers can be used to whitelist email addresses to control who has access to your content. Any email included in your allowed viewer list will be able to access the content, whereas any other visitors will be denied access. For more information, please visit our help article Allowed Viewers.
- Email Authentication - Not sure if a visitor's email address is valid? By selecting this link option, visitors to your content will be required to verify they have access to the email address provided. Please note, visitors are required to verify their email on the same device they attempted to view your content. For more information, please visit our help article Email Authentication.
- Watermarking - Watermarking can help keep your content secure, confidential and only viewed by visitors of your choice. Users have the option to add custom watermarks or select any combination of the elements captured as a part of the visit process to dynamically prefill the watermark. For more information, please visit our help article Watermarking.
- One-Click NDA - Sensitive content needs robust security. By including the One-Click NDA option, visitors will be required to download and agree to your NDA before accessing the content. For more information on how to include an NDA for the account, please visit our help article One-Click NDA.
Link Features and Downgrading
Upon downgrading an account, Advanced security link features will be disabled. Please ensure before downgrading that any links containing these features have been updated to remove those associated features should you wish to them to remain active. After downgrading, you can update the link to remove those security features to automatically re-enable the link.
For more information on updating link settings, please visit our help article Updating Link Settings.
Check out related articles on: