Customizing each link
When creating links, users can choose and configure each link's settings separately giving you even more control when sending content. These options include:
- Choosing an Account - Users can configure and choose a target account, typically the name of the organization or company the user is working with, to associate the link and associated visits. Accounts are crucial in organizing constituents related to a deal.
- Require email to view - This will prompt visitors to provide their email address before being able to view the content. Not enabling the option will show the visitor's operating system and geolocation. We recommend enabling the option to get the most out of each visit. Note: Email addresses are not verified.
- Allow downloading - Users can enable the option to allow visitors to download and print the original file. By default, this option is always unselected. Tip: We recommend exporting the file as a PDF is you do not want the content to be editable after print.
- Set Expiration Date - Users can set expiration dates per link so that visitors will not be able to access the link after the specified date. This is a great way to create a sense of urgency and block access to content which may no longer be valid.
- Passcode Protect - This option will require visitors to input a passcode before gaining access to the content. It is recommended that passcodes be provided in a separate message when sending the link.
Advanced Link Features
- Allowed Viewers - Allowed Viewers can be used to whitelist email addresses to control who has access to your content. Any email included in your allowed viewer list will be able to access the content, whereas any other visitors will be denied access. Please visit our help article titled, Allowed Viewers, for more information.
- Email Authentication - Not sure if a visitor's email address is valid? By selecting this link option, visitors to your content will be required to verify they have access to the email address provided. Please note, visitors are required to verify their email on the same device they attempted to view your content. Please visit our help article titled, Email Authentication, for more information.
- Watermarking - Watermarking can help keep your content secure, confidential and only viewed by visitors of your choice. Please note, watermarks added to a link cannot be removed after link creation. For more information, please visit our help article titled, Watermarking.
- One-Click NDA - Sensitive content needs robust security. By including the One-Click NDA option, visitors will be required to download and agree to your NDA before accessing the content. For information on how to include an NDA for the account, please refer to our help article titled, One-Click NDA.
Check out related articles on: