DocSend tracks visits initiated from all devices, including but not limited to: desktops, phones, and tablets. To ensure your visit data is accurate, DocSend only tracks time your visitor actively spends viewing your document by pausing the timer whenever your visitor navigates away from your content.
For instance, if your visitor has your DocSend link open in a browser tab but then switches to another tab, the visit timer is paused. The visit timer will resume if and when the visitor comes back to that same DocSend link page.
Things to Consider
- Download-only Content can only be downloaded by the visitor; as a result, you will not see visit time, also known as time spent, recorded.
- Visit time is tracked so long as the DocSend link page is at the forefront of a visitor’s screen. For example, if a visitor has your document open in a tab and walks away from their computer for 5 minutes, we will still track this as time spent on the document.
- Does DocSend track visits from unintended visitors?
- Documents: Recent Activity Tab
- Documents: Performance Tab
Still need help? Reach out to email@example.com!