Available on: Advanced Enterprise
Allowed Viewers provides you with the ability to allow only specific email addresses or domains to access your shared links or Spaces. Once enabled, those who are on the allowed viewers list will be granted access and those who aren't will be denied access immediately.
While it's difficult to control whether visitors forward links to other people, Allowed Viewers helps to ensure that only your intended viewers have access to your shared content. Viewers who are not configured on your list will not be able to access the content.
Enable in Link Settings
To enable Allowed Viewers:
- Create a new link or select an existing one by clicking the link settings icon.
- Under Access Control, select Allowed Viewers.
Note: By default, “Require email to view” will also be enabled since this requires the viewer to enter their email address.
- Click Manage to edit your allowed viewers list. You can input up to 200 email addresses and domains individually, or batch upload by importing a CSV file.
- Save your list by clicking OK.
- Click Create Link or Update Link to finalize the changes and you’re all set!
Manage Your List
Your allowed viewers list can include up to 200 email addresses or domains for each link. You can edit this list any time by navigating to the link settings and selecting Manage. Here are a few ways you can manage your list:
- Manually enter an email address or domain in the field box and select Add. You can add multiple contacts by separating each entry with a comma.
- Create a CSV spreadsheet list of email addresses and domains and upload the file directly by selecting Import a CSV file directly. The email addresses and domains will be identified across all cells regardless of column or row position.
Note: Uploading additional CSVs will only add contacts and does not override the existing list.
- Look up contacts in the list using the search bar. This can be helpful for finding duplicates, correcting an email address, etc.
- Download the list by clicking Copy to Clipboard - this will copy your contacts and you can paste this into a document.
- Remove a contact by clicking the X next to the email address or domain. Alternatively, you can clear your entire list by clicking Remove all.
- Always click OK to confirm any changes made.
Unauthorized Viewer Notification
You will receive a notification of successful visits from Allowed Viewers, as well as visits from those not on the list. An automated email will be sent with the details around the visit attempt such as date, time, and other email addresses used.
Within the notification, you also have the option to allow the denied viewer access by clicking on the Allow link.
Things to Consider
- Allowed Viewers can be enabled and managed through the Gmail Plug-in or Outlook Add-in. Visitors who are sent a link through these extensions will automatically be added to the allowed viewers list.
- Allowed Viewers will sync with Salesforce as part of the link or Space creation tasks and can be mapped to the Salesforce activity field from your Salesforce Settings page.
- We recommend enabling Email Authentication for additional security and information on your viewers. Check out the article below to learn more!
Still need help? Reach out to email@example.com!