Links are a key part of sharing documents with DocSend. We don’t share attachments–we share links!
DocSend links are secure, trackable, and measure how a visitor engages with your content. This allows you to see who is visiting your content, where they’re visiting from, and what information they are most interested in.
After uploading your content, you'll be redirected to the document page where you can create a DocSend link to share with your potential visitors.
Important: Sharing DocSend links happens outside of the DocSend product, typically in an email or other messaging tool.
- Create a Link
- Create a Link using Share Content
- Best Practice: Create Multiple Links
- Things to Consider
Create a Link
Creating a link is as easy as uploading a document. Follow the steps below to create your link, once created, you are recognized as the link owner.
- Go to your Content page.
- Upload your content.
- Click Create Link.
- Select or create an Account to associate the link with.
- Configure your link settings and click Create link. For more information on link settings, visit Link Settings Explained.
- Click Copy link to copy the link and start sharing your content using a messaging tool of your choice (Slack, email, text, etc.)
Tip: Hyperlinking your DocSend link will make for a clean look.
Note: You can also access any DocSend links you’ve created for a document from the All Links section on the document page. Hover over the link and click Copy to Clipboard to copy a link.
Create a Link using Share Content
Save time by creating links straight from your content library!
Important: While subscribed to the personal plan, you can only select one asset to share at a time.
- Click the Share Content button.
- From the File picker, select one piece of content you wish to share.
- Configure your preferred link settings.
- Click Create Link.
- Copy and paste the link to start sharing.
Best Practice: Create Multiple Links
Creating unique links for separate accounts or visitors enables you with enhanced visibility and control over your shared content. The benefits are great and include the ability to:
- Compartmentalize visitor data by separating each account’s visits for easy analysis.
- Track forwarding so you can better understand who may have sent your content to another person.
Example: You send a link to Visitor A, who then forwards it to Visitor B. All of Visitor B’s visits will be associated with Visitor A’s unique DocSend link.
- Disable links for a specific account in case you need to revoke access from a specific account or visitor without impacting others.
Things to Consider
- If you leave the Account field blank, the link will default to "Your Company's Example Account". You can change the Account at any time after creating a link.
- Only users on the Advanced plan have access to configure advanced features on a link.
Still need help? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!