The contact page surfaces all content visits and document signatures on an individual visitor level. As you begin to receive visits, a contact profile will be generated for each visitor on the Contacts page. Each contact’s profile will include all content visits, showing what each contact has seen and for how long, as well as all signable documents that your contact has signed.
For more information on creating a signable document, check out Create Signable Documents with eSignature.
When Require email to view is enabled (See Link Settings Explained), your visitor is prompted to input their email. Once provided, our systems will generate a contact profile with public information linked to the email address provided.
Important: When Require email to view is disabled, the contact profile will not be generated and instead show up as an anonymous visitor along with their operating system as no email address was provided.
As you begin to receive visits, each contact is logged at the document level under both the recent activity tab and the link.
Contact Page Layout
As you begin to receive visits, the contact tab will show the individual visitors and all their most recent activities while viewing your content. You will be able to filter between contacts across your team or just your own personal contacts.
Once you select a contact, you’ll be able to review what content they’ve accessed in more detail using the Visits and Signatures tabs.
Once you select a contact, you’ll be able to review their visits in more detail under the Visits tab. Here, you’ll see:
- Document Name - the specific document the contact has visited.
- Time Spent - total time spent on the document.
- Visits - the total number of times visited by the contact.
- Granular Visit Data - select the bar graph icon to expand your contact’s visit statistics, including time spent per page and download activity for each document visit.
Once you share signable documents with your contact, any collected signatures will be populated under the Signatures tab on your contact’s profile page. Here, you’ll see:
- Document Name - the specific document the contact has signed.
- Date Signed - the date on which your contact signed your document.
If a contact signs the same document multiple times, all signatures will be accessible by selecting the expand button next to the signed document name.
To download a copy of the signed document, hover over the document name to reveal the Download icon. Click the Download Signed Document icon to initiate the download. If accessing DocSend on your mobile device, simply click the Download icon next to the desired document to download a signed copy.
For more information on downloading copies of signed documents in DocSend, check out The eSignature Experience.
Important to Note: eSignature is available on Personal, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise plans only at this time. Any member on the account can view and download copies of signed documents from the Contacts and Accounts pages.
You can archive contacts to help remove stale or old visitors to help streamline your link creation process while improving the legibility of your visitor data.
Here’s how to archive a contact:
- Go to the Contacts tab.
- Select the more options menu to select the Contact..
- Once archived, the Contact will no longer be visible.
Note: To unarchive, select ‘Include Archived Contacts to locate the account. Select the more options menu to see the Unarchive contact option.
Things to Consider
- Creating a new visit from an archived contact will unarchive that account and link to archived accounts.
- The Contact profile for each contact will only populate visit and signature data for documents you have access to elsewhere in DocSend.
Still need help? Reach out to email@example.com!