Perhaps you’d like to clear some storage or delete that one duplicate document you accidentally uploaded. All users, including yourself, have the ability to delete content. This is a great way to keep your account tidy and organized. Regardless of the reason, this article will show you how to delete content on any subscription you are on.
Important: Deleted content cannot be recovered.
You have the option to delete any of the files that have been uploaded to DocSend either by yourself or by others (team folder). As deleted content is non-recoverable, to make sure you don’t delete files by mistake, a confirmation message will always prompt prior to deletion. Please note, deleting any content will:
- Delete and disable all links associated with the deleted file.
- Delete all visit data associated with the deleted file.
How to Delete Files
- Go to the document page.
- Click on the more options icon (...).
- From the dropdown, select Delete.
- Confirm deletion by clicking Yes, delete document.
Note: Individual Contact information will remain even after deleting a file.
You can delete links from the document page under the All Links sections. As with deleting content, you’ll receive a confirmation prompt before deleting your link. Please note that deleting a link will:
- Delete all visit data associated with that link.
- Disable access to visitors.
How to Delete Links
- Go to the document page associated with the link.
- Locate the link you wish to delete.
- Click on the more options (...).
- From the dropdown menu, select delete this link.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking Ok.
Deleting a folder will delete all content within the folder and by extension, all links and visit data associated with the folder. We always recommend evaluating the content in the folder prior to deletion as this action is irreversible. You’ll be prompted to confirm the deletion as a way to avoid any irreversible deletion.
- My Folders (Personal) - The content uploader is the only one able to delete their own content.
- Team Folders (Shared) - All members on the account are able to delete content uploaded under the Team folder section.
Note: If an Enterprise account, connect with your DocSend CSM for questions on deletion behavior.
How to Delete Folders
- Go to your content library.
- Click on the more options icon (...) to the right of the folder name you wish to delete
- From the dropdown menu, select Delete.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes, delete folder.
Create a separate folder and name it “Archive”. Move all content you wish to delete into this folder if you’d like to preserve visit data keeping in mind that moving content from the team folder to the personal folder will delete any of your team members links and visit data.
Things to Consider
- DocSend is unable to recover any deleted files, links, or folders once they have been deleted.
- Contacts remain present and are still visible under Contacts when a file, link, or folder is deleted.
- Any content under the team folder can be deleted by any member of the team.
- Enterprise accounts with Sub-teams enabled will have different deletion behavior based on the account configuration. Reach out to you DocSend CSM for more information.
Still need help? Reach out to email@example.com!