Available on: Standard Advanced Enterprise
A Space can easily be created from the Spaces page or from existing folders on the Content page! You can create a Space for each of your accounts, or create multiple links on the same Space which provides flexibility and control over how content is shared with each individual account. Keep reading to learn more!
Create a New Space
From the Spaces page, select Create Space to create a new Space–it’s that easy!
By default, the Space is named “Untitled”, but you can edit this any time by clicking into the title field. You can also add a subtitle!
Note: the Space name will be the same for all links created for the Space.
Create a Space using Share Content
Save time by creating Spaces straight from your content library! Simply click share files, pick your content, and your Space link is ready to be shared with others.
Important: When subscribed to the Standard plan, you can only select content, not folders.
- Click the Share Content button.
- From the File picker, select the content you wish to share.
- Configure your preferred link settings.
- Click Create Link.
- Copy and paste to start sharing.
Note: Don’t forget to customize your Space to add a professional look!
Create Spaces from Folders
Alternatively, you can create a Space from uploaded folders on the Content page, making it even easier to create a Space and manage existing content!
From the Content page, you can create a folder into a Space in two ways:
- Select the folder, expand the “more options” menu, and select Share.
- If the folder is within another folder, click the Share button to create a Space.
Important: For users on the Standard plan, it is possible to create Spaces from folders that have subfolders. However, those subfolders will not carry over since Space Folders are only available on the Advanced plan at this time. We recommend upgrading to leverage this feature!
Space Links & Permissions
Once your Space is configured and ready to share, creating a link is just as simple! There are two ways to create a Space link:
- From the Space itself, select Share to access the link page and click Create new link. Note: if this is your first time creating a link for the Space, you will need to select Create Shareable Link instead.
- Alternatively, you can create a new link from the Spaces page. Find the Space you’d like to share, click Share to access the link page, and then click Create new link.
Similar to content links, you can edit the permissions on a Space link any time by clicking Share to access the link page, then expanding the “more options” menu and selecting Edit link settings. You can also set different permissions both on the content and Space level; read our article on Granular Space Permissions below to learn more!
Still need help? Reach out to email@example.com!