Available on: Enterprise
Sub-teams allow you to efficiently organize content and grant access to specific content that’s relevant to each team within your organization. Sub-teams are also great for keeping sensitive content secure and ensuring that only authorized users have access to it. Keep reading to learn how to leverage sub-teams for your organization!
Create a Sub-team
If you’re an Owner or Admin, you can visit the Company Team Settings page to create and manage existing sub-teams.
To create a sub-team, simply click the green Create team button.
By default, one sub-team will already exist in your account, and its name will match your company name. This can be edited at any time - see Manage Your Sub-teams for information on how to do this.
Manage Your Sub-teams
To manage a sub-team, you can select it from the Teams list. From there, you can:
- Edit the sub-team name by clicking the pencil icon.
- Add users to the sub-team by clicking Add team members.
- Or remove a user from the sub-team by clicking the “more options” icon and selecting Remove from team.
Manage a User’s Sub-teams
You can visit the Company User Settings page to manage an existing user’s sub-teams or invite a new user and add them to specific sub-teams. Adding a user to a sub-team will immediately grant them access to that team’s content folders. Similarly, removing a user from a sub-team will immediately revoke access to that team’s content folders.
To manage an existing user’s sub-teams:
- Find the user on the Company User Settings page.
- Expand the “more options” menu.
- Select Manage teams.
- Select any sub-team(s) to add the user to.
- Deselect any sub-team(s) to remove the user from.
- Click Update team member.
- Click Yes, update teams to confirm your changes.
When the sub-teams feature is enabled, and you invite new users to the account, you’ll also be prompted to select teams that the user should be a part of. You can always follow the steps outlined in this article to update a user’s sub-teams later on.
Still need help? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!