Stay Connected, Stay Ahead
Zapier allows users to seamlessly integrate DocSend with thousands of other applications through triggers known as Zaps, which can be used to create unique and efficient processes without a direct API and is extremely easy to setup. For DocSend users, valuable visitor and content data can be synced to different applications. Such as,
- Email - Gmail, Outlook (coming soon)
- CRM - HubSpot, Pipedrive, Copper
- CSM - Zendesk, Freshdesk
- Messengers - Slack, HipChat
- Project Management - Trello, ASANA
- Surveys - SurveyMonkey, Typeform
- Social media - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Explore all the apps you can integrate with here.
What are the different elements in creating a Zap?
Triggers are something that happens in an app that you want to be the start of a Zap's workflow. For example, receiving a visit on a document in DocSend is the trigger.
Actions happen after a trigger occurs within your Zap. To continue the above example, if you use a Zap to take DocSend visits and add them to a Google sheet, Google Sheet 'Add Row' would be the action for that Zap. A Zap can only have one trigger, but it can have many actions. There are two types of actions:
- App Actions - An action of creating something in an app. For example, creating or updating a specific worksheet row within a specific Google Sheet > Worksheet.
- App searches - App searches can be used to look up info to be used by a later action. For example, a Zap could look up the details of a Google sheet that has a certain worksheet, so that the description or due date from that card could be used by a later action.
What kind of DocSend Triggers and Actions are available?
DocSend currently offers three triggers only. While DocSend actions are not yet available, users can connect a DocSend triggers with thousands of different actions from different applications. To see what you are able to connect, check out DocSend's Zapier integration page.
- New Visit: Triggers when you get a new visit.
- New Link Created: This trigger fires when you create a new link in DocSend.
- New Space Created: This trigger fires when you create a new Space in DocSend.
How to Create a Zap
After creating a Zapier account, you’ll want to create your first Zap to get familiar with integrating your application(s). First, find the application you’d like to connect from Zapier’s integration page. We recommend visiting How to Create a Zap to learn the basics of creating your first Zap.
Users can create multi-step Zaps, which can trigger additional actions. For example, users can setup Multi-step zaps to automatically notify other team members through Slack and Gmail as new visits occur in DocSend. Click on the image below for more detailed steps on how to create Multi-step Zaps.
Check out our other articles on: