Available on: Finance
Confirming your visitor
Users on the Finance plan can require visitors to verify their email addresses when accessing a DocSend link or Space providing even greater security and control of who views your content. Along with verified viewing, users can also enable whitelisting to ensure that only visitors that the user specifies can view the content.
Steps to verify viewing
- Create link and configure settings: In link or Space creation, select the Require email to view option to reveal the email verification option. Users can also choose to configure a whitelist during this process.
- Share and access the link: After selecting your link settings, share your content with potential visitors. If email verification is enabled, visitors will be prompted to check their email for a link they can use to access the document. Please note, if whitelisting is enabled, the user’s email address must be an exact match before the verification email will be sent.
Note: If the viewer enters an incorrect email address, they can use the link in the modal to re-enter their email address
- Verify the email address: The visitor will be sent an email with a link providing access to the document. Clicking on the Verify email address link in the email will immediately take the visitor to the content or Space.
Note: The verification link will remain valid for up to an hour. Attempting to click through an email after the link has expired will show an error message, and the visitor will have to re-enter their email address to get a new verification email.
Visitors who have been verified will have a verification badge in DocSend indicating that their email address has been verified. The badge will be visible in the visit emails, document details page, accounts tab, and dashboard.
Note: If a visitor is already verified, the visitor will show as being verified in all visit activity even if another link they accessed does not require email verification.
Verified Visits FAQ
- Will a visitor need to verify each time? Visitors will stay verified for 2 weeks and will not need to re-verify their email address if they are sent other content during that time frame. However, if a visitor changes their email address during this period or views content from a different device, they will need to verify the new address.
- What if I actively use DocSend or already have an account? Active DocSend users will not need to be verified through email.
- Does verified viewing work for Mail merge? Verified viewing is not supported for mail merge links.
- What happens if they are not on my whitelist? Visitors who are not on the whitelist will be rejected and will not get sent a verification email. Check out our help center article on Whitelisting for more information.