Embedding Custom Fonts
Uploading content with custom fonts may appear differently once uploaded into DocSend. If you are experiencing any font issues, you can choose to:
- Change the custom font to a more standard option.
- Export the file as a PDF, preserving the fonts used but changing the file type to PDF.
- Embed the font into the presentation, which will preserve both the fonts and file type.
Embedding fonts for PC
Users on PC can choose to embed Word or PPT files by selecting the option located in the save settings. To embed custom fonts:
- Choose File menu and select Save as.
- Select Tool menus Options.
- Select the Save tab.
- Select Embed Fonts options.
For Mac users
Mac does not support embedding fonts on Powerpoint, Word, or Keynote files. Users should instead change the existing font choices or export the file as a PDF to upload into DocSend.
Note: Users on mac can also choose to purchase other solutions such as Presentation Font Embedder to embed custom fonts.
Documents Marked as Final
Documents edited and marked as final must be edited and unmarked as final or exported as a PDF file to upload into DocSend. Attempting to upload the file without unmarking as final will trigger this error message below:
To unmark the document:
- Open the presentation.
- Select ‘Edit Anyway.’
- Resave the file unmarked as final.
- Reupload the unmarked document into DocSend.
For any issues with file types, extensions, or upload limitations, check out our articles on: