DocSend offers multiple levels of user access depending on your plan type. The Personal plan will consist of one account owner and member users. The Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise plans will consist of one account Owner, Member users, and provide the ability to assign Admin users that will hold privileges similar to the account Owner.
There are three distinct user roles in DocSend that each offer different permissions and access. For more information on how to change someone's role, skip to Update a User's Role!
All plans have access to members who can upload and use DocSend. While they don’t have direct access to company-wide settings, Members can accomplish the following:
- Upload content
- Edit and update content
- Share presentations
- Create links
- See visit data on self-owned documents only
- Export visits from self-owned documents only
Admin (Standard, Advanced, Enterprise)
This role is designed to manage users and content on the account. This role includes all the member user privileges along with direct access to the company settings. Both the account Owner and Admin(s) can designate as many Admins as needed to manage the account. Along with Member privileges, Admins will be able to accomplish the following:
- Adjust the general team name
- Customize branding settings
- Manage users
- Archive contact/accounts
- See visit data on all documents in a Team folder
- Export visits from all documents in a Team Folder
- Configure Salesforce
- Update NDA settings
- Transfer user data
All plans will have a single account Owner who has all previously listed privileges in addition to:
- Access to the Billing page.
- Transferring account ownership.
Update a User's Role
An Admin or Owner of the account may assign members to the admin role at any time.
- Go to the Company User Settings page
- Click the “more options” icon next to the desired user.
- Select Make Admin or Make Owner from the dropdown and confirm.
Note: Using these same steps, you can also revert an Admin to the Member role by selecting Make Member.
Things To Consider
- Owners and Admins have the ability to update their member's links; however, they will not be able to make edits to owner/admins’ links.
- When you downgrade to Personal, while the Owner and Admin roles persist, the Owner and Admin will only have visibility to self-owned document/link analytics as team-wide reporting is only available on Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise plans.
- Only the Owner of the account can transfer ownership.
- Upon transferring ownership, a confirmation email will be sent to the new owner to finalize the change.
- Upon transferring ownership, the previous owner will be assigned the member role.
- Transferring ownership will revoke access to the billing page and information from the previous owner.
Still need help? Reach out to email@example.com!