Available on: Standard Advanced Enterprise
Internal links enable you to send links within your organization and get the same level of insight you would when sending links externally. Using internal links allows you to separate visitor data from internal users, providing valuable insight into how both users and visitors engage with your content!
Create an Internal Link
To create an internal link:
- Select the desired document from the Content page.
- Click Create Link to open the “more options” menu.
- Select Internal Link to create your link!
Internal links will have a modified list of link settings to choose which includes the following:
- Allow or disable downloading
- Set an expiration date
- Set a passcode
Track an Internal link
In order to view internal links, you must be logged into a DocSend account and be a member of the same company as the creator of the link. You can also find visitor data for internal links grouped under an account that matches your company's name from the Accounts page.
Important: If the company name is updated, we recommend that you update your internal account name to match before creating any new internal links. Otherwise, our system will automatically create a new account for your company the next time you create an internal link, which cannot be merged with the old account.
Things to Consider
- Internal links cannot be created using our Gmail and Outlook extensions.
- Internal link visits do not sync with Salesforce.
- Internal visits can trigger desktop notifications.
- Internal visits can trigger IFTTT and Zapier integrations.
Still need help? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!