All paid plans allow for you to add, deactivate, or suspend members. The Owner or Admin of an account has complete visibility and access to manage their members through the Company User Settings.
Adding Users to your team
Depending on your plan, certain account types allow for more unique settings when adding and inviting users.
You can follow these steps to add a member:
1. Go to the company users settings tab.
2. Select add users and input the user’s email address.
3. Confirm and send the invitation.
4. Resend or invite the user.
Note: You can also invite users from who have a free trial account by following the instructions above. Users on other paid accounts should contact email@example.com.
Deactivating a member
Owners and Admins can deactivate a member of an account at any time. Here’s what happens when an account is deactivated:
- All links from that user are disabled.
- The user can no longer log in.
- The user’s subscription is canceled. A prorated billing credit for the remaining time on the current billing cycle will be added to the account which can be seen on the billing page
To deactivate a user:
1. Go to company user settings tab and review the active users.
2. Select the additional options menu on the right to deactivate a user.
3. Confirm and click deactivate to remove access.
Suspending a member
Owners and Admins also have the ability to suspend a team member, anytime. Suspending an account will remove the user’s access, but enables their links to remain active. Suspended users are still billed.
Here’s what happens when an account is suspended:
- All content, links, and spaces will remain active.
- The user will lose access to their account and no longer be able to log in.
- A new password is set for the user’s account, and the password reset option is disabled.
You can follow these steps to Suspend a user:
1. Go to the company user settings tab and review the active users.
2. Select the additional options menu on the right to suspend the user.
3. Change the password of the account to remove access from the original user.
Can I reactivate a deactivated or suspended user?
Yes. Suspended or deactivated accounts can be reactivated by an owner or admin of an account through the User-Settings page. If you’re a team member that has been suspended, please reach out to your team’s owner or admin to regain access to DocSend.