Using the DocSend Outlook add-in helps you send and manage DocSend content efficiently by integrating your DocSend account with your Outlook client. You can save time by creating links directly from Outlook instead of opening the DocSend web application. The steps outlined in this article will help you create your first link in Outlook!
Haven’t installed the DocSend Outlook add-in yet? Check out Download the Outlook Add-in to get started.
Create a Link in Outlook
To create a link using the DocSend Outlook add-in, you can start by drafting a new email in Outlook.
- Open Outlook and click New Message.
- At the top of the composer window, click the “See more options” icon (three dots).
- Hover over DocSend and select Insert Link.
- Click Log in and log into your DocSend account.
- From here, you can either
- Select an existing piece of content, or
- Click Upload content to upload a new document.
- Once you’ve selected or uploaded your content, configure your desired link settings.
- Click Insert Link to create the link.
Note: The hyperlinked text will appear as the document name. If you want to change this, you can right-click and select Edit hyperlink.
You can also quickly create a link to a Space using the Outlook add-in by toggling to the Spaces tab and clicking Share next to the desired Space.
Note: Any link created using the Outlook add-in will list the recipients’ email addresses under the Account name in DocSend.
Still need help? Reach out to email@example.com!