With Viewer Email Validation, you will be able to more accurately identify your viewer/visitor by validating whether the email address they input is coming from a deliverable source. You’ll be able to set up this requirement whenever the ‘Require email to view’ link setting is enabled.
Important: "Require email to view" is required for Viewer Email Validation
- Configure Email Validation
- User Experience - Invalid Email Address
- Viewer Experience - Invalid Email Address
- Things To Consider
Configure Email Validation
As the account Owner or Admin, you can disable or enable the Viewer Email Validation feature at the company level. When disabled, your visitors can input invalid email addresses and access shared content, making it difficult to track who viewed your content.
- Go to your Company Settings.
- Click on the Privacy & Security Tab.
- Disable/Enable Attempt to confirm that visitors’ email addresses can receive messages.
User Experience - Invalid Email Address
When your visitor inputs an invalid email address, you'll receive an email notification highlighting the attempts made by that invalid email address.
Important: Only the creator of the link receives the email notification.
Disable Unverified Email Notification
You can disable these email notifications by following the steps below:
- Go to your Notification Settings.
- Disable/Enable, When a viewer attempts access with an unauthorized email.
- Select Save Changes.
Viewer Experience - Invalid Email Address
As the visitor, when you input an invalid email address, you'll be prompted to input a valid email address.
If your email is valid but deemed invalid, you'll be given the option to validate your email by following the steps below:
- Click on the blue text, click here to verify this email address.
- Check your email inbox and verify your email address.
Things To Consider
- When the Allowed Viewers feature is enabled, our systems will not perform an email validation check.
- Emails will remain valid for 30 days when validated.
- Viewer Email Validation also applies to campaign and mail merge links only when Track Forwarding is enabled.
- Temporary email addresses that are generated by services like mailinator & guerilla mail are considered invalid email addresses. Visitors will need to input a valid email for access.
Still need help? Reach out to email@example.com!