If you’ve installed the DocSend Outlook Add-in and are having trouble accessing it, check out the troubleshooting steps below.
Outlook Add-in Requirements
- Make sure you’re either on Office 365 and using a Microsoft Exchange 2013 protocol (rather than an Exchange Active Sync protocol, for instance).
- Or that you’re using a Premium Microsoft Exchange Server.
- For more information, see Requirements for running Office Add-ins.
Important: According to Microsoft, POP and IMAP email accounts in Outlook do not support Office Add-ins.
Troubleshooting: New Outlook
If you’ve recently switched to the new Outlook for Mac, you may need to reinstall the DocSend Outlook Add-in for it to appear in your email composer.
- Click the “more options” menu in the Outlook toolbar.
- Select Get Add-ins.
- Search for DocSend and click Add.
The add-in should then be available from the “more options” menu when composing a new email in the main Outlook window.
Important: Currently, the add-in dropdown is only available in the main Outlook window of the new Outlook for Mac. If you choose to continue the message in a new window, the email composer will not include the add-in dropdown.
Still need help? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!